3.13.2009

la bouteille vide

God, I hope that means "the empty bottle" in French...lately, I've had this whole drive to translate things.  Don't know what it means.  I do know how to say it in Hindi, too, though....

But anyway.

Over the past four years, I've found myself missing high school quite a few times: I had some pretty awesome classes, awesome teachers, and there was this atmosphere that was generally a'ight.  Not to mention the clubs, especially Amnesty, where we mostly just hung out and had goodtimes.


There are no moments that I really want to relive from this place.  I don't know if it comes from having lived on this campus--so putting up with the ambience of high pretentiosity 24/7--or just not being as able to coast through stuff (yes, this place is high fucking pressure oh god I should be doing finals right now)...but really, I'm so happy to be leaving.  It's not just the fact that, as a fourth-year, there's very little to care about on campus anymore, but also just god I am sick of this place.  I now fully understand why people take quarters off.

Don't get me wrong, though: I'm totally going to miss some of the individuals (staff, students, professors, and kids included), but I somehow suspect that we would have had more goodtimes on another campus.

Also, I'm not very good at maintaining this feeling of "missing," maybe it comes from having moved so much.  I just know that I spent two years in touch with my sixth-grade friend and then, one day, never got around to replying to a message she'd sent me.  I didn't really have anything to say to her, I guess.  (Really: everyone has their own lives to live, who the fuck cares what you're doing even five years down the road?)

But yeah.  Good-bye University, wish there was some way to make this sound less sentimental because I sure as hell don't care.  (And I'll be back for the summer anyway.)


(I guess I should also point out: a) that I never visited high school, despite occasional bursts of guilt, and b) I ditched my very last class here.)

No comments: