7.17.2005

4 Hours of Entertainment: $19.29

Yah...new Harry Potter book. I will review it for my own amusement.

Actually, Rowling has gotten far better at creating serious situations with actual meaning--and the surprising thing is that she isn't too trite about it, like many writers and all of Disney. Sadly for me, I couldn't make fun of the characters because they were fairly intelligent--and mature! --in this one. Even Harry, who seems to have burned out his Potteritis (commonly known as PMS) and idiocy with women (damn...). The only complaint I have about this is that it gets angsty at points; I mean, there are only so many times one can reasonably mention the word 'blood' and make references to it in a chapter of tragedy. Well, it is getting increasingly serious; not a bad thing, personally, since Harry's becoming less of a Mary-Sue (he now makes mistakes!). And the useless details are totally filtering out, save for the little sideplot love stories, which I personally think are only in to appease fanwhores.

So, anyway, it's interesting to read. I don't think it's really worth $30.00 (which it probably never will be anyway--but even $20 is too much), but that's probably because of me predicting 4.5 to 5 hours of reading from this and getting only 3.75.

3 comments:

Blue said...

Aha...look who finally mustered enough effort to actually get a Blog account so she could leave comments! Yes...hmm...I shall like to read this latest edition of Harry Potter. Must...obtain...

Blue said...

P.S.
That was Susie by the way...haha...so excited about Harry Potter that I forgot to identify myself...not...

The Reporter said...

Oh--haha! Yay, Susie has a blog name.... But no HP#6?! Ce n'est pas chaud.