4.10.2006

Some say this is a milestone.

...yeah, something about birthdays and the American psyche. I don't really get it; shouldn't the day you start college or the day you finally decide what you're going to do with the rest of your life be a bit more significant?

Anyway, I figure I owe it to me to look back upon this surprisingly well-behaved Monday. Honestly, it was really exactly like any other day, but I started out determined to enjoy it, and that seems to have made all the difference.

I'm sure there's a life lesson in there. Pluck it out, jump on it, and bake it in a pie. Or drop it on top of the whipped cream alongside the chocolate bits.

I like extended metaphors. And French silk pie. Particularly the latter.

Really, though, the best part of this day is that I can be an eccentric weirdo and it's somehow more okay than normal! If only I were offered this kind of indulgence every day...how much more of myself would I be?

Getting back to the chocolate before I kill the mood....

No comments: