11.17.2008

Explanations

It occurs to me that I've never really explained the title of this site.

So back in high school, half my friends (okay, the overwhelming majority of the people I actually spoke to on a regular basis) used "meh" as the sort of generic word. I had to be all different (this is back in the days when I believed that it was possible to be unique...oh, how innocent was I), so I decided on "mleh". Naturally, a certain one of my friends decided to use it to--admittedly, my indignant reaction every single time he said it didn't help--and then I got all, 'NO MY WORD' and then made the mistake of Googling it.

Horror of horrors! There were...so many links.

In my naivete, I decided to pseudocopyright the word: use it in a place that could clearly be attributed to me from a certain time before, hopefully, a lot of other people. And I wanted to make a point: this, and no other, was the real mleh.

So yeah, that was that. Eventually, I realized that this was a good place to dump conversations I never got to have.


Also: click the ads! True story, there's chocolate inside. (But seriously, maybe it's having to go out into the real world next year or something but I suddenly want to make money off of everything I do.)

No comments: